Senior Backend Engineer (RoR)
This job offer is expired
Monday.vc is looking for a senior backend engineer to join our early stage, fast growing team.
You’d be responsible for building, testing, and maintaining backend technology (mainly Ruby on Rails), that can scale from giving service to our current 100+ clients to thousands in the near future.
It’s a plus if you are a full-stack developer who feels comfortable doing frontend work with React.
This is an excellent next career step if you want to:
- Take the next big step in your career and make a serious impact on an early-stage team
- Work remotely for a company with an intentional, healthy remote culture
- Find yourself constantly thinking about more efficient ways to architect technology to scale services up that have a direct impact on a business
What We Do
- We imagine a world where everyone is energized to start their week fully aligned with their work. The best jobs (and hires!) are found through relationships and trust, so we build tools that increase efficiency for the world’s most valuable networks.
How We Work
- We’re a scrappy team of entrepreneurs from all over the world who have come together to create a culture we’re proud of. We work remotely because we believe that the best talent shouldn’t be constrained by borders. To compensate for our physical distance, we bring intention to our communication in both structure and content.
Where We've Been
- June 2016: Started as a spin-off from a previous startup, ReWork (acquired).
- January 2017: Joined Techstars Boulder
- August 2017: Launched Job Board product
- May 2018: Launched Talent Network product
- September 2018: Crossed 100 paying clients
- December 2018: Grew to 6 team members; Bootstrapped +300% revenue from 2017 to 2018
- May 2019: Grew to 9 team members including a DevOps engineer!
What We’re Looking For
You are a senior backend engineer with +5 years of work experience and are fluent with Ruby on Rails. You don’t mind changing frameworks and technologies if necessary. You want to contribute in these areas of our business:
- Client facing API
- Extend the API our clients use, currently hosted at http://docs.monday.vc.
- Write documentation for our API and be responsible for making sure our clients understand how the API works.
- Read customer feedback to analyze and design the services we’ll implement next.
- Develop following a TDD process where tests are a core element of our product.
- Internal API
- Develop following a TDD process where tests are a core element of our product
- Develop secure services avoiding failures in penetration tests
- Handle data securely complying with policies such as GDPR
- Data management, crawlers and scrapers
- Write crawlers and scrapers to acquire all the information for job openings of our clients automatically
- Write processes to guarantee the data in our database is accurate with the real world, minimizing human labor by using technology
- Build technology that categorizes data based out of the information we have and present it to our users in a friendly format for them
- As a remote team, documentation is highly important for us to stay efficient so that we don’t create silos. You’ll be responsible for collaborating on documentation to make sure our team knows how to use the products and services we develop.
What Makes It Different
- Traction; we have an existing business that has bootstrapped successfully and grown using the money we’ve earned from real customers!
- Healthy Team Dynamics; we’ve run remote companies for our whole careers and understand what it takes to establish healthy remote work dynamics.
- Freedom; we don’t have set vacation days, and we do everything possible to set you up for success by helping you create your unique ideal working environment.
- Competitive salary (~$5K/mo).
You’d Describe Yourself As:
- A tenacious problem-solver; you hold your performance to a high bar and are motivated to consistently work towards stretch goals; you’re resourceful and not offset or discouraged by unforeseen challenges.
- Detail oriented; you see the typos in an email even if you try not to. When testing code, often you spot bugs by simply looking at the code without making it run.
- A team player; you manage priorities effectively with a keen awareness toward how your work can support the team; you naturally break down silos with proactive communication.
- Someone who takes ownership; you like to take ownership for the projects you are leading and do whatever it takes to make sure those projects are successful.