Senior Rails Engineer
To run a rapidly expanding network of hundreds of smartphone-activated electric vehicles scooting all over the city, you have to have one of the deepest, most interesting technology stacks around.
As a Sr. Rails Engineer at Scoot, your work could involve architecting multimodal and dynamic ride pricing, tackling traveling salesperson problems for our field engineers, or supporting new data packet structures from thousands of IOT vehicles. Your code will enable thousands of people to travel wherever they want to go in the city, fast, fun and with style.
Day to day you'll be working in Ruby on Rails, PSQL, Redis, with the opportunity to be exposed to the rest of our full stack (JS, React/Redux, React Native, Python, Go, etc.)
Our engineering team consists of 14 engineers across three internal teams. Because we have more tech disciplines than team members, we need everybody to build expertise in multiple areas, influence the product roadmap, build features and apps, push code, and influence our process.
This is a unique role for a uniquely talented person.
Relevant experience and mindset:
- 5+ years experience writing software in a demanding professional environment
- BS in CS, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent training and work experience
- Solid understanding of SQL and ActiveRecord
- Appreciation for test/behavior driven development
- Passion for shipping quality code
- Concern for the planet and how much electric vehicles matter
- Comfortable with Agile development process, Git, and Github
An added bonus if:
- Experience as a team lead or managing multiple projects cross-functionally to completion
- Experience with React
- Familiarity with cloud service tools on AWS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Love to tackle complex problems with simple and elegant solutions
- Familiarity with basics of a cloud based platform and service-based distributed design
About Scoot Networks
Scoot has built the world's first network of shared all-electric motorscooters and kick-scooters. One by one, as people become Scoot riders, they start using their cars less, saving money and gas, getting where they are going faster, and generally enjoying their lives more. Besides the usual full medical, dental and vision benefits, Scoot offers a few uncommon perks:
- Unlimited scooting (obviously)
- Substantial option grants
- Access to a workshop with soldering stations, a welder, air compressors and a 3D printer
- A serious kitchen in the office
- An amazing culture, team, and mission of which you will be an essential part
- Some of the most interesting work you will ever do
- The opportunity to truly make a difference to your company, and even change the way cities work the world over