Senior Software Engineer Ruby on rails
At XING Events we are responsible for the events and communities part of the XING social network. Our goal is to create valuable experiences for our users by engaging with other users, either in an offline event or meeting, or in one of our many online communities. For that we are offering e.g. the events market (xing.com/events), the communities (xing.com/communities) and also an online event ticketing solution (en.xing-events.com/our-services/ticketing).
We are a XING SE subsidiary currently employing around 80 people. Always keeping our vision in mind:
"For people moments that matter".In our Barcelona office, we are looking for passionate developers to set up a new engineering team. You will be part of the XING Events business unit, that is also located in Munich, Germany. You will work on existing and new products that
engage users to communicate offline and
A challenging task:
· Work within a new cross-functional team that uses the Ruby on Rails, React, iOS, and Android technology stacks.
· Implement and test features in the web and backend parts of the app.
· Work within the XING technology environment, including GitHub, ElasticSearch, MySQL, RabbitMQ etc.
· Take part in the creation of completely new products and features.
· Contribute massively with your passion and hands-on to our new features and products that engage users to meet and exchange online and offline, or innovate existing ones such as such as com/communities.
An inspiring environment:
XING in Barcelona offers a great, multicultural and diverse environment. The sunny office is located in the center of Barcelona, with a large terrace. As well as flexible working hours that support your work-life balance, you'll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We do regular team and offsite events, and we send you to conferences. Furthermore, you have the option to work on whatever you like once per quarter during our XING-wide Hack Week. Of course, we also provide free drinks and fruit as well as restaurant vouchers and German/Spanish lessons. We offer also a flexible compensation plan (health insurance/ transport/ nursery tickets), a competitive salary with a permanent contract and 30 days of vacation (26+4). You'll also be provided with a high-end MacBook Pro.
Get to know us on Twitter! @xing_espApply now