Director of Engineering
This job offer is expired
GoCanvas is revolutionizing how work gets done by modernizing small businesses through powerful cloud based customizable apps and mobile experiences. We are seeking a Director of Engineering to help lead our engineering teams as we are scaling through exciting growth. The Director of Engineering role will lead, manage, mentor, and build an extremely talented software engineering team at GoCanvas with proven track record of delivering new customer-facing software products.
In this role, you will need to wear many hats and be comfortable across the stack and be able to strategically lead a project team to successful delivery. You must have the ability to attract and recruit industry best talent, and simultaneously have the technical talent and background to ensure that we build compelling, customer-oriented solutions in an iterative methodology.
Your Most Important Initiatives
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent
- Work with peers in Product Management organization to define features, architectures, road-map, development plans, and prioritize resources, milestones, and activities.
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, and architectural decisions
- Move your teams toward the goals of higher autonomy, automation, and CI/CD and evangelizing new technologies and processes
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to plan and deliver product releases. Identifies project risks related to technology; develops and executes plans to mitigate these risks.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality, personal accountability, and strong relationship with internal and external team members
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- At least 5+ years in a technical leadership role, and 10+ years developing SaaS products
- 5+ years of experience with one or more framework/languages like Rails, Spring Boot, Java, Python in a SaaS product
- 3+ Experience with RESTful API development
- 5+ years of experience working in an Agile life cycle development environment
GoCanvas is a cloud-based, mobile platform revolutionizing how work gets done. We help businesses join the mobile-first world, where digitalization is everything, by enabling expensive and inefficient paper forms and processes to be replaced with powerful apps for smartphones and tablets. Trusted by thousands of well-known brands like Target, Pepsi, Honda and Red Bull throughout more than 70 countries means there's a good chance you’ve been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world.
We’ve been recognized in the 2016 CTIA Emerging Technology awards and our CEO won the Information Week Elite 100 IT Hero Award. We’re proud to have been honored as a Washington Business Journal 2016 Best Places To Work and to have won the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s 2016 Hot Ticket Award for Hottest Company Culture. We’re on a mission to continue fostering our award-winning culture for people who like to make an impact, enjoy collaborating and who are passionate about the triple bottom line – helping people, the company and the planet!
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe culture eats strategy for breakfast and that hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. That’s why we take our company values so seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, our global headquarters is located in Refraction, a co-working community for entrepreneurs, diverse start-ups, artists and not-for-profits to share an amazing office with unlimited snacks, free drinks and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. We highly recommend you read the blog found here to learn more about our unique culture from our founder and CEO James Quigley.