To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team. You will leverage your knowledge to develop new consumer focused products using modern Engineering such as Continuous Integration and Deployment. As a developer at Weight Watchers, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight lots of users.
- Program daily in Ruby, Rails.
- Build out restful endpoints and lightweight aggregation layers.
- Build out unit tests and other automated tests.
- Build out new features and iterate on existing features.
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability and performant applications
- Enable analytics via tag management and logs.
- Help define architectures and design patterns.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Answer technical inquiries on code base and product
- Lead the way with writing programmatic unit tests.
- Real world web and service development experience.
- Experience with modern frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, node.js, Express and Angular.
- Experience with web services API integration (Rest, JSON, XML).
- Experience with HTML & CSS frameworks such as bootstrap.
- Understanding of general user experience and UI design principles.
- Ability to understand requirements and map to technical implementation.
- Experience modelling domain data in service and storage layers.
- Relational and/or NoSQL database experience such as MySQL, Postgres, Mongodb or Cassandra.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Strong track record of shipping products
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN, etc
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Amazon Web Services stack
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in mentoring and leading other Engineers
- Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.Apply now