Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails, Contractor)
You will be designing services, building clean, highly scalable systems, managing complex integrations for the creation of features and products on our ecommerce platforms to support our Customer Relationship Management and Loyalty team. You make it possible for us to deliver an engaging customer experience to our many fans, and ensure that the online store remains our flagship in South East Asia, Oceania and beyond. Reporting to our Lead Engineer, User Squad, you will work on highly visible, well resourced projects and build products which directly impact our revenue and customer satisfaction - two of our key metrics for success. You will be delivering our customers a omnichannel, cross country and personalized experiences on both our online and retail stores.
You will be working on technology products relating to:
- Integration with 3rd party platforms to enhance customers’ onboarding experience to omnichannel loyalty program
- Registration & authentication of our customers across multiple customer facing systems and as part of the company’s vision, work towards the goal of providing our customers with a seamless omnichannel experience.
- You are interested to use technology to improve and drive the business forward
- You are willing to be involved in end-to-end software development, including gathering of requirements and understanding of pain points from various stakeholders
- You value core software engineering practices (i.e. Testing, Scalability, Clean code)
- You are willing to work on the different parts of the our technology stack
- You enjoy constantly learning, independent, not afraid of making mistakes along the way and learning from them
- You are a team player and willing to communicate with the other teams in the company (Product Managers, UI / UX Designers, and more importantly fellow engineers locally and abroad)
- You probably have a computer science degree, but passion and demonstrated expertise are what we care about.
- If you are passionate, and have an expectation of excellence, you will enjoy working with our technology team, who maintain a highly flexible and innovative start up culture whilst benefiting from the resources of Sephora in Southeast Asia.
- Solid problem-solving abilities; detail-oriented and resourceful
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Team player who enjoys working with others
- Open-minded and experimental
- Good communication skills
- Apply today to become part of the largest beauty community in the world!