Remote Ruby Developer - Solve challenges from home!
This job offer is expired
Length: 3 month contract (option to extend)
Compensation: £4,500 - £5,400 ($5,900 - $7,100) per month, experience based
We are looking for an experienced Ruby Developer with a strong expertise in UI / frontend development to join our existing team. A good knowledge of modern CSS / HTML / Frontend tooling will be required and your focus will be on implementing visual elements within our application, along side the current UI lead.
You'll be joining a team of 12 engineers supporting a rapidly expanding, international e-commerce store. This is a contract role, 6 months in duration (with an option to extend), and you must have a good overlap with UK 9-5 working hours.
Good knowledge of Ruby is required. Real world experience building and maintaining Ruby on Rails apps is a must - from UI to APIs. This project will involve being part of a team working on an application used by tens of thousands of customers every day.
You can learn more about Purepoint and how we work from our blueprint: https://purepoint.io/resources/blueprint/
Skills & Qualifications
- MUST: Be in able to overlap with UK working hours (-/+2 BST)
- MUST HAVE: Excellent written and spoken English
- MUST HAVE: A strong understanding of HTML5, CSS3
- MUST HAVE: 2+ years Ruby experience
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience working with Bootstrap
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience required working with APIs
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience working in an agile software team environment
- SHOULD BE: Competent using Git
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience working with project management tools such as Jira and Trello
This role is perfect for a candidate that not only enjoys development, but also wants to have input on the best approach and implementation method. On a typical day you will:
- Work in an agile team, taking part in standups, and retrospectives (Via video conferencing)
- Assist in decision making about application evolution
- Use your knowledge of Ruby on Rails to build robust applications
- Review commits made by other team members