Ruby on Rails Developer
This job offer is expired
Nebulab is looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join our distributed team and work on challenging international projects, both open and private.
Who we are
Nebulab is a digital consulting agency with a full-remote culture and three offices in Italy. We are specialized in building bespoke eCommerce websites and web applications for international clients from various industries, which range from exciting startups to large established brands. We're a growing team of friendly people with a culture based on continuous learning, transparency, collaboration and quality over quantity.
- Build solid, scalable and maintainable Rails applications with excellent test coverage.
- Write technical documentation.
- Communicate constantly with the client and organize teamwork.
- Help and share expertise with other members of the team.
- Collaborate with other developers, designer, team leads and stakeholders to understand business goals, analyze requirements and propose your ideas and technical solutions.
- Review colleagues' code, participate in pairing sessions and provide mentorship to junior and intermediate developers.
- Help in project estimation and planning.
- Lead a project independently from the start to the execution.
- Write clean and tested code in accordance with our style guides.
- Have experience in developing Ruby on Rails applications.
- Have experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Be a coverage fanatic.
- Have a great understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Be confident with Git and with Unix shell.
- Be (or want to be?) an open source contributor.
- Have a very good command of written and spoken English.
- Have a good command of written and spoken Italian.
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Have knowledge of project management tools like Trello and GitHub Projects.
- Have a thorough knowledge of RSpec.
- Have a basic experience with HTML and CSS (Sass or Less)
- Have some DevOps skills.
Good to have skills
- Be able to write technical blog posts.
- Be curious about latest technologies.
- Help us in our hiring process.
- Have experience with eCommerce platforms.
- Be able to speak at tech conferences, workshops, and meetups.
What we offer
- 100% Remote work: You can work from one of our beautiful offices in Italy or remotely, as much as you want.
- Paid retreats: We get together twice a year to work on our own projects, bond and chill out!
- Cheerful environment: You’ll be surrounded by people who love what they do and have a good time while doing it.
- Top-notch equipment: We will provide whatever hardware (MacBook Pro, Bose or Sony noise canceling headphones and LG 4K monitor) and software you need in order to do your very best work.
- Study Fridays: We only work for clients 4 days a week. Friday is dedicated to personal growth and demos!
- Paid conferences: Want to attend that conference? Let us know and we’ll pay for the trip, accommodation, and tickets.
- Educational budget: We provide a budget for books, courses and anything else that will help you hone your skills.
- Competitive salary: We believe in compensating people fairly, so we offer salaries amongst the best you can find.
- Flexible work hours: As long as you’re doing great work, we really don’t mind if it’s a regular 9-to-5 or something else.
- Mentoring: You’ll have a dedicated mentor who’ll cheer for you as well as make sure you never stop growing.
What to expect at the job interview
We'll take a look at your CV and GitHub profile. If you have some code snippets or projects you're really proud of please send them our way so we can take a look at the code. We'll then have a call to meet and discuss your general interests, the stuff you've done in the past and what your ideal workday is like.