Senior Software Developer (Full Stack)
This job offer is expired
What We're Looking For
Table XI looks for team members who can see both the forest and the trees. Developing great products is about being equally concerned with building the right thing as building it well.
As a senior full stack developer at Table XI, we'd want you to:
- Lead projects, provide technical guidance, identify risks, proactively learn and share, and mentor more junior team members.
- Understand client's business, build relationships with clients, and guide strategic decisions to make client successful
- Communicate professionally and empathetically, solicit and provide feedback, actively offer help, and make sure everyone is aligned
- Guide architecture and implementation discussions, helps unblock other developers, establish best practices for maintainability, and strategically balance test coverage, risk and budget
- Take responsibility (even when no one asks)
- Work collaboratively on a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and business analysts.
- Learn from everyone, no matter what their title is.
If you’re curious, talented and hungry, we want to hear from you.
Our Tech Stack
- Back-end: we primarily create applications in Ruby on Rails, though we have a small number of applications with other setups: Elixir and Phoenix, Node and Sails or Express, and even some old Perl apps.
- Mobile: we support native iOS development in both Objective-C and Swift. These days, though, almost all of our apps are being built in React Native.
- Infrastructure: nearly all of our infrastructure is on AWS and managed by Terraform and chef. We are in the process of migrating to Docker containers in Kubernetes (EKS).
Don't hesitate if you don't have specific experience with our tech stack. If you’re a strong developer with experience in related tools, we want to hear from you!
Who We Are
At Table XI, our product is our people. To deliver the best solutions, we need as many bright and diverse minds in the room as possible, and we need to be able to learn from them once they’re there. That’s why we’re working to create an environment that’s comfortable and inclusive for everyone. We know the tech industry isn't always as welcoming as it should be. But we're happy to do the work of making it better, both at our company and in our community.
Our team is important to us and we're excited to have been recognized as both one of Built in Chicago's 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in Chicago 2019 and Inc. Magazine's America's Best Workplaces of 2019.
For 16 years, we've built our software development consultancy around three small words and one big idea: tech done right. To us, it means more than clean code and sound design. It means doing right by our partners, by our peers and by our community.
We’re a curious and humble group of people who love to build things. Learning is the key to our culture, and we’re always looking for new skills to pick up and ways to hone our craft. We bring that same curiosity to our clients, digging into their needs so we can make sure our design and development projects look great, work great and push client businesses forward. Our clients look to us as a strategic partner, and we make decisions that affect their long-term success.
- Northwestern University research facilities perform and advance clinical research
- AccuWeather prototype and design new features for their weather applications
- Tyson Foods deploy Design Thinking methods to create one of Time magazine's top 10 smartest, most sustainable products of 2018
- More than 25,000 people participate in Chicago Ideas Week each year
- Pharmaceutical companies ensure that medicines and vaccines are manufactured and stored properly
- PechaKucha build a global community of storytellers, in over 1100 cities around the world
- Roger Ebert solidify his legacy as a film critic
But the work is just part of what makes Table XI a fun place to be. We make time for people to follow their interests, whether that's volunteering at Code Platoon, speaking at RailsConf, learning a new framework or writing books. If there's something you're passionate about, we want to help you pursue it so you can teach it to the rest of us. Our weekly Lunch and Learns have covered everything from an X-Files approach to design, React/Redux basics, culinary skills for home cooks, to website performance testing.
Everyone on Our Team Enjoys
- Daily gourmet meals cooked in-house with vegetarian, gluten-free, and other options available
- The promise of minimal travel
- A casual loft office that pairs an open floor plan with quiet rooms
- Competitive salary
- Aetna health insurance
- 401k plan, including employer matching
We Take Equality Seriously
Table XI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.