Senior Full Stack Engineer
This job offer is expired
We are a Ruby on Rails application written on the Spree E-commerce platform. We have a minimal stack comprised of Rails, MySQL, Redis, AWS buckets, Cloudfront, and a few auxiliary services. We use Marionette/Backbone JS, HAML, SASS and are hosted on Heroku. We use several great tools for continuous integration, exception monitoring, and system monitoring. We also have integrations with Avalara, Authorize, Quiet Logistics, Quibit, SailThru, FedEx, Amazon, and Desk.
WHAT YOU’LL DO EVERY DAY
- Work with our marketing and product teams to define new features and build new buy path flows, landing pages, navigation, and e-commerce functionality
- Partner with our design team to execute a high-quality user experience and brand identity
- Help scale our architecture and improve site performance
- Deploy code to production daily
- Help develop engineering solutions that give 80% of the benefit with 20% of the work
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of Ruby experience in a TDD or tested environment
- Full-stack development
- Caching and Scalability in a web environment
- Experience with payment integration, iOS/Android development, web security, and analytics
- Exposure to any of Spree/Solidus, Devise, Paperclip, Rspec, Capybara, or Byebug
- Exposure to C or C-derivative language
We give a shit! - We care. We’re slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon and our customers.
We put our money where our mouth is. We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
We solve problems -You won’t find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
We won’t sacrifice the future for a quick win. - We wait for the second marshmallow
It’s all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
WHO YOU ARE
- Collaborative – Let’s be honest: engineers aren’t the best marketers and marketers aren’t the best merchants. That’s why we all work together and prefer people who think as “we” not “I”.
- Passionate – Despite offering flexible hours and an open vacation policy, people keep showing up early and staying late. Why? We believe in what we’re building - and have a ton of fun doing it.
- Results-Oriented - We’re a data-driven company. We’re big on testing, optimizing, and learning from the past—that applies to everything from the products we make to how we market them.
- Self-Starter - While we’ve grown quickly, we’re still a small team. That means everyone wears multiple hats, acts like an owner, and believes that no task isn’t worth pouring your heart into.
- Tech-Savvy - We sell online. We acquire customers online. We maintain relationships online. And we need people who can navigate the ever-changing terrain of the digital landscape.
- Laid Back - We work hard, but enough about that. We’ve also got a fridge full of beer, a kitchen full of snacks, and don’t be surprised if you find a nerf dart (or 10) stuck to your computer screen.
- World-class insurance – Top of the line health insurance paid for by Mack Weldon
- Open vacation policy – Unlimited vacation and sick days to use as needed
- Competitive salary – Compensation includes a competitive salary and employee stock options
- Great location – Right in the heart of Manhattan with easy access to 14 different subway lines
- Free Mack Weldon Gear – Free new product launches and year-round employee discount code
- Office Snacks & Drinks – Fully stocked office fridge and pantry with free lunch on Fridays
- Thursday Happy Hour – Beer fridge, wine rack, liquor cabinet, and a spread of tasty treats