Senior Web Developer
This job offer is expired
Senior Web Developer
DornerWorks is a designer of complete IoT solutions, from the cloud down to the “thing”. We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced, full-stack web developer to complement our embedded systems expertise. This candidate would be intrinsically motivated to engage our customers in sales opportunities and develop web applications connecting complex embedded products primarily in the B2B and M2M space.
As the IoT market expands, this role has significant opportunity to participate in strategy, business development, and team leadership. This is a great opportunity to help us to continue to build expertise in this field and shape the future of one of DornerWorks’ growth areas!
What you’d be doing:
- Develop and maintain web applications for our customers.
- Manage cloud services and troubleshoot servers.
- Architect scalable data processing solutions.
- Design and maintain structured and unstructured data stores.
- Collaborate with designers and developers to solve complex problems.
- Troubleshoot bugs.
- Mentor interns and peers in your area of expertise.
- Lead technical teams on projects.
- Work with management to develop processes for successful web development.
- Contribute to estimation for new business.
- Work with sales to help identify new sales opportunities.
What we need from you:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 8+ years of experience in web development.
- Experience with libraries such as jQuery, EmberJS or AngularJS.
- Experience with one or more server-side languages, such as Ruby, Node.js or Python, and popular libraries and frameworks (e.g., Rails, ExpressJS, Django, etc.).
- Demonstrated database experience, general SQL knowledge.
- Familiar with API standards such as REST.
- Understanding of using web security models (authentication/authorization, SSL encryption, etc).
- General good programming practices (documentation, version control, communication).
- Familiar with web “best practices” for mobile/desktop responsive sites and cross-browser support.
- Experience with Git or other VCS/SCM systems.
- Familiar with implementing secure web app development practices and is aware of common vulnerabilities (XSS, CSRF, SQLi, etc.).
- Experience working with AWS services and ability to configure and manage Linux servers.
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
What's a bonus to have:
- Deep service-oriented architecture and REST services knowledge.
- Experience with creating graphical elements using PhotoShop, Illustrator, etc..
- Ability to design/mock-up UI wireframes in Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
- Understanding of User Stories, Journey Mapping and other tools available to help customers define requirements.
- Experiencing with Agile approaches to software development.
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- A healthy work/life balance that is not just a catchy phrase; it is one of our core values.
- Compressed work week, with the opportunity to take every other Friday off and flexible hours.
- A collaborative team where you can work with other outstanding technical minds.
To learn more about DornerWorks and our culture visit our website at www.dornerworks.com
DornerWorks is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. EEO/M/F/Disabled/Veterans