← Back to all jobs
Ruby on Rails Developer
This job offer is expired
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join our existing team of engineers.
Strong knowledge of Ruby and Rails is required. Real world experience building and maintaining Ruby on Rails apps is a must. This project will involve being part of a team working on an applications used by tens of thousands of customers every day.
Our tech stack is Ruby, Rails, MySQL, JQuery, React, AWS.
Role Type: Permanent, and full-time
Location: Remote, anywhere in the world, but with at least 4 hours overlap over European time zone.
Skills & Qualifications
- Be comfortable working in a remote working environment
- Be comfortable to write and speak in English
- Extensive experience with Rails, Ruby and RSpec
- Experience with building distributed and scalable Rest API systems
- Experience working in an agile software team environment
- Experience working with Git
- Be able to implement features based on minimal documentation
- Be able to work on your own, but share important bits with rest of the team
- Experience with React is a big advantage
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, ALB, DynamoDB, CW, SES, APIGateway, SQS, etc) is an advantage
- Basic understanding of PHP is an advantage
- Be part of the team maintaining and improving existing applications
- Be part of the team planning and designing new features
- Commit to work full time (40 hours per week)
- Be able to work at least 4 hours in the interval: 8:00 – 16:00 GMT+0 and attend to the daily meeting at 10:00 GMT+0
- Use your knowledge of Ruby on Rails to deliver clean, solid code accompanied by well written tests
- Review pull requests made by other team members
- Monitor live systems using provided tools and act in case of emergencies
- Take over support tickets, be in touch with affected user(s), provide quick solutions/work arounds and suggest improvements to the system
- Maintain and improve internal tools to help debugging and monitoring
- Work in a global team, fully remote
- Career development opportunities
- Face challenges together in a team and collaborate with international team members
- Be part of a flat organization, where your voice is always heard
- Get extensive training supervised by dedicated mentors
- Get a steady income and other benefits such as paid vacations, scholarships, and more.
Want to join a team of passionate developers? Please, don’t hesitate to apply.
More remote rails jobs
REMOTE: Software Developer (m/w/d) Ruby on Rails HAUSGOLD - talocasa GmbH
Ruby on Rails Engineer - Remote Upstack