← Back to all jobs
Full-Stack Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
We're Dawson Andrews, a digital product studio. From startups to billion dollar e-commerce systems, we specialize in driving commercial value through digital products and services.
About This Role
Our engineering and design teams are currently tackling a fascinating multi-year project for a high-profile client. We're seeking another full-stack developer to join us.
- Take a customer’s specification and define a well-scoped solution by asking the right questions, both with the customer and your team.
- Write quality, tested code.
- Write legible, fluent code and annotate your PRs with detail and screenshots to make your colleagues’ lives easier in review
- Build less software, while understanding dependency hell.
- Be open to diving into an unknown codebase to determine why a particular bit of functionality isn’t working as expected. Continue from there and collaborate with teammates on a solution!
- Understand well-established coding patterns, recognizing where they can be implemented to solve a problem effectively. Also, know when to break them.
- Grow your team’s capacity by mentoring other engineers and interviewing candidates. This is a chance to be an integral part of building and growing a team.
- Balance pragmatism with perfection, business requirements and schedules.
- Generalist. See the problem from end to end, front to back. Always keeping en eye out for UI/UX, security, and operational issues.
- Calm under pressure, as we work through reasonable but well-scoped projects.
- Passionate about your art. You regularly invest in up-skilling yourself.
- Communicate complex ideas clearly and simply.
What We Offer
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary 💸
We pay well so you don't have to worry about making bank.
Work where you're most productive 🏡
Dawson Andrews is remote flexible and the bulk of our engineers work outside of the company office in Belfast, UK. This said, the office is usually a hotbed of activity. We leave it up to our employees to work where they’re most productive!
40 hour work week 📅
Strategic planning and realistic deadlines help us achieve this. We work hard, but we go home at reasonable times.
Pension plan 👴🏼👵🏼
If you're based in the UK, we'll help you set up a retirement plan.
Cycle to work scheme 🚲
For UK employees needing a new bike, we participate in the cycle to work scheme
25 days annual leave, a day off on your birthday, public holidays, paid parental leave.
Company retreat 🏝
Every year we take the whole team away to reflect on the year and plan for the following one.
Whatever equipment you need 💻
A given. Need something to get the job done? Let us know.
Personal development budget 📚
We help finance online learning, conference passes, travel to events, as well as providing time and a budget give a talk if you're inclined!
Do you fancy coming to live and work in Belfast? We'll help with your relocation costs to make that happen.
Dawson Andrews is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
- Send us your CV along with maximum 150 words on why this role is perfect for you (also, please include a description of an interesting project or functionality you implemented and how you went about it).
- If it looks like a fit, we'll invite you for a 30 minute phone call or coffee to learn more about your goals and experience.
- We’ll then run a more detailed interview in person to hear more about you and your experience.
- If all goes well, we'll offer you a position on our team! 🎉
More remote rails jobs
Senior Software Engineer- Full Stack Zappos.com
Full Stack Developer 20spokes
Lead Ruby on Rails Developer Palo Alto Insight