This job offer is expired
Since 2010, Agent Pronto has helped more than 200,000 people find the perfect real estate agent. Home buyers and sellers sign-up for our service, tell us about their needs, and we then use that information to analyze local real estate agent data and match them with an amazing agent.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Product team as a Rails developer where you’ll be helping ship features and squash bugs. You'll be collaborating with our Head of Product (who is also our front-end developer), our Rails Developer, and our Head of Data to round out this small and nimble team. We build and maintain an internal Rails app called Handshake that is both a CRM and a suite of workflow tools which we use to deliver the services of our consumer-facing Rails app, Agent Pronto. We also have an agent-facing Rails app called, creatively, Agent Pronto Login that real estate agents use to interact with our service.
We’ll be launching additional services over the next few years, along with the internal tooling needed to support them. In order to continue building, we’re looking to expand our team.
Who You Are
You’re a Rails developer with 3 or more years of professional experience who thrives in a flexible, self-directed environment. You love helping people, fixing bugs, and solving problems. You transcend the left-brained developer stereotype, have an eye for design, and incorporate UX understanding into the things you build. Additionally:
- You’re self-motivated to learn and incorporate new technologies and keep up with best practices.
- You’re as comfortable writing code for the browser as you are code for the server.
- You believe in the value of testing and rarely ship code without automated tests in place.
- You love building big features, but you’re just as happy working on maintenance tasks to keep things running smoothly.
- You have strong communication skills and are receptive to constructive feedback.
- You have the ability to thoroughly, yet simply, explain features to everyday users.
- You can clearly articulate your thoughts and feelings through writing.
- You’re not afraid to ask for help.
How We Make
We don’t separate “product” from “engineering.” Our dev team is the product team, and we’re responsible for prioritizing what’s important and helping our users be awesome. We value feedback at every level and encourage everyone on the team (devs or otherwise) to speak up and contribute with their ideas, thoughts, and concerns throughout the process.
We build our products with Heroku, GitHub, Travis CI, CloudFlare, Twilio, Google Maps, Mandrill, and more. Some of our team works remotely so we communicate often using Slack, Basecamp, and GitHub.
We’re hiring immediately for a full-time, salaried position at a competitive market rate. Most of your work will be done from our office in Marietta, though several of us work from home at least one day per week.
Agent Pronto offers a variety of benefits to full-time employees, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k matching, a generous paid time off policy, and more. When working from the office, we provide a daily catered lunch and a dog-friendly space. You can learn more about our company and benefits here.