Developer (Full Stack / Backend)
This job offer is expired
Are you the product-hero Scripbox deserves? Or are you the one we need?
We are looking for creators who can build products that our customers love. The challenge for you will involve understanding, and building for, an unforgiving consumer who invests a lot of trust into the product YOU will build.
Scripbox is making a difference in the world of personal finance and investing and we would like you to be part of the team that makes it happen.
As a member of the product engineering team, you will be instrumental in building and scaling the team, hiring and mentoring the engineers, setting the technical direction, working with the product, operations, marketing and other teams at Scripbox.
Skills & Requirements
You'll be responsible for:
- Writing quality code using language best practices.
- Building good software using the latest tools and techniques.
- Participating in design reviews, coding modules, code reviews and unit testing.
- Taking ownership of quality and usability of your code.
You should have/be:
- 6-12 years of experience building good quality production software.
- Excellent knowledge of Elixir/Phoenix environment, Ruby/Rails environment, Python/Django ecosystem, Node.js ecosystem.
- Familiar with datastores like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Redshift etc.
- Familiarity with react.js/react-native, vue.js, bootstrap etc.
- Knowledge of deploying software to AWS, Heroku.
- Good OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge.
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI).
Good to have:
- Participation in open source projects.
- Actively involved in solving problems on Github, StackOverflow and similar other community groups.
- Passionate about blogging technical stuff, speaking at meetups, conventions.