Senior Rails Engineer
This job offer is expired
Daylytes is an app that connects communities through sports. We believe sports coverage lags behind the rest of the social apps we use. We aim to bring our customers relevant, unique, and engaging daily highlights (daylytes) that surpass current sports media options. We’re starting methodically by delivering a superior product in a local niche, then expanding outward to cover an increasing number of cities and regions with a scalable solution.
We are developer-centric, led by a technical founder with startup experience, venture backed, and aim to provide our developers with a distraction free environment where they can solve scalable problems, thrive, and grow. You will be one of the first five to join the company, and will get to play a critical role in the direction of the business. You will help define the platform, have responsibilities that are not redundant, and be held accountable by our small team of less than five.
This job can be remote or in-house at our office in Boise. We are open to being flexible around hours worked if you have specific work-life balance priorities. Also open to beginning on a contract basis if there is interest in learning how we work together in that manner.
- Development of web-app and backend that will serve the Daylytes mobile apps (our stack is Rails, with React Native on mobile, and PostgreSQL db's.)
- Managing data gathering scripts, scrapers, and data cleansing programs used in our content aggregation and tagging.
- Administration of a database of sports content and metadata that will be used by web and mobile front ends.
- Working directly with mobile developers and being involved in technical decisions that will impact our core mobile app.
- Experience with Ruby as well as exposure to a variety of general programming languages
- Experience with web development
Nice to Have's
- History working in a small startup environment
- Experience working with React Native would be a plus
- Prior work creating a consumer app and maintaining it in the App Store
- Experience with database-driven applications and creating an API for a mobile app
- Any portfolio of work that you can share, public repos, open-source contributions, etc.
- A bachelors or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- More than 3 years experience