Full Stack Engineer
This job offer is expired
RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to sustainable investing to generate long-term value. We believe sustainability and inclusion generate superior performance. We have stable and long-term partnerships with our clients and companies and attract the best mission-oriented team. Sustainable investing extends throughout our investments, our diverse team and culture, our office environment, operations, and travel.
RockCreek seeks a Full-stack Engineer to deliver hands-on development of our growing set of cloud-based tools and applications, including user interaction with our data store.
- Previous experience building applications production-ready and performant React-based front-ends and applications using • RESTful APIs, ideally in Ruby on Rails, Node.js, and/or Python
- Hands-on experience as a front-end or full-stack engineer, including daily coding and application development in an Agile environment, with daily standups and ticketing
- Experience using containers and deploying via continuous integration and continuous deployment tools in AWS, ideally including:
- CloudFormation templates
- RDS (preferably PostgreSQL and SQL Server)
- Experience with ash (or equivalent) shell scripting
- Experience writing user and integration tests and using continuous integration systems to automate tests as part of a version management system and process
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, software engineering, or similar, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in investment applications or working with the investment and/or financial industry strongly preferred
- Past application development using React and/or Vue.js, preferably in the context of single-page applications
- Practical experience with any of the following technologies and services:
- API Gateway
- Step Functions
- Amazon Athena
- Amazon Redshift
- AWS Glue
- AWS Step Functions
- Amazon Athena
- Amazon Redshift
- AWS or Google Cloud certification (especially the Certified Solutions Architect track in AWS)
- UI/UX experience and design mindset
- Experience with Jira or Pivotal Tracker
- Passion for data science and analytics
This position is located at RockCreek’s main office in Washington, DC. Travel is not expected to be frequent, but may include occasional conference attendance, on-site vendor visits or in-person meetings at our New York office.
The RockCreek Environment
RockCreek is a collaborative environment that values openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. In a typical day you will interact with team members in finance, client services and operations; engineering is neither siloed nor cut off from the overall RockCreek business. You should be both interested and capable of learning the investment business as it relates to engineering, and creatively looking to enhance the overall RockCreek service offerings.
Consistent with our belief that our team members are our most valuable asset, RockCreek offers a competitive benefits package.* Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible* 401(k) retirement plan with company match* Paid time off, sick leave and company holidays* Wellness programs including an onsite gym and meditation program* Healthy snacks and beverages
No recruitment agencies please.