Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer (React/Ember/Ruby)
This job offer is expired
Position: Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Location: Culver City, CA
Based in sunny Los Angeles, Ritual is a health brand led by the belief that you should know exactly what’s in your vitamin and how it works. We use only the best nutrient forms and publish our sources and research for all to see—because transparency is our thing. Our mission is simple: to inspire women to feel their best, every day, through healthy, daily habits.
Our team of curious skeptics is made up of world-class scientists, artists, expert marketers and strategists. We’re well-funded, growing quickly and on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for pseudoscience and thinks outside of the traditional marketing box, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
When it comes to web development, nothing stands in your way because you have all the tools for success on front-end, back-end, and all the pipes in between. This includes short and mid-term projects that will immediately move key company metrics as well as lay the technical foundation for long-term success.
This is an exciting opportunity and critical role for a very fast-growing brand. We believe that great digital experiences are an important part of any company’s success, and we think you'll agree. As a subscription service, we help our customers better invest in the products they’ve subscribed to, by reinforcing the habits that help them in their long-term mission. You’ll be a part of a strong digital product team of designers, product managers, and data analysts to continuously add to and improve our customers’ experiences online at scale.
What You’ll Do
- Help lead the design, architecture, and execution of everything from front to back.
- Establish engineering processes, define company engineering standards, identify and implement core technologies, and remove technical hurdles.
- Work directly with our other Engineers, Designers, Product, and Marketing teams to implement core features across our customers’ experiences.
- Build solutions for appropriate scalability. You're ok building something "hacky" if it fits the need, but can also call out real issues and create simple, scalable solutions for them.
What You’ll Use
- Our homepage (marketing pages) use React, Gatsby, GraphQL, and Contentful headless CMS.
- Our checkout + account experiences use Ember, JSONAPI, and work directly with our Rails API.
- Our back-end is a Rails API that handles everything from account creation, payments, all the way through to fulfillment.
- See more here: https://stackshare.io/ritual-com/ritual
Who you are
- Humble Craftsman. You take pride in your work, and look for opportunities to iterate and make it better. You prioritize a simple solution over a complex one, leaning on the tools available to make your job easier, while ensuring solid test coverage backs up the decisions you’ve made.
- Data driven. You believe that great data enables you and others to make better decisions.
- Collaborator. You can dive deep and have complex technical conversations with your engineering team, nerd out over design decisions, and then turn around and explain those same conversations to non-technical teams.
- Up for a challenge. You believe that just because something is difficult that it is not a reason for not doing it. In fact, that might be validation that it is worth doing, right?
What You Need
- Education: BS in Computer Science or other engineering/technical field. Equivalent experience also accepted.
- Experience: 3-5 years of developing clean, scalable and efficient web apps in a fast-paced environment.
- A demonstrated eye for design, as well as the ability to identify and solve real-world user problems.
- An understanding of troubleshooting issues that may arise, and planning for scale.
- Interest in learning additional skills/technologies as we continue to scale our platform and suite of tools.
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We are dedicated to creating a brand that speaks to a healthy, clean, and no B.S. lifestyle. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective and backed by real science. We also have some pretty great benefits & perks, including...
- Equity participation
- Unlimited PTO - 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
- “Ritual First Fridays” - Entire company works from home first Friday of each month
- 3 months paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under protected baby bonding time off
- Catered lunch two days per week
- Specific baby days in the office and a pump room
- Dog days in the office
- Kombucha/cold brew on tap
- Commuter benefits - $100 per month towards public transportation and Uber Pool/Lyft Line
- Company offsite events
- Periodic private workouts with trainers in-office
- Periodic meditation sessions in-office
- Homemade breakfast bagel cart in the office once a month
- Stocked kitchen: food, drinks, snacks