Senior Full Stack Software Developer: Fast Growing eCommerce Start-up
An opportunity to join a Sydney-based next generation eCommerce start-up in an exciting period of growth that has the financial backing of one of Australia's leading tech VC funds. We are looking for software engineers to join our rapidly-growing team and help to build our platform as our business grows. This role will suit someone who is passionate about using technology to solve real business needs and building custom applications from the ground up. A hands-on approach will be required to continue to build on our expanding eCommerce website front-end and Warehouse Management System and associated logistics infrastructure back-end. Compensation package will include equity in the business.
- Create new features that our customers can fall in love with and build apps that didn’t exist yesterday for back-end logistics and fulfilment that make our Operations platform more efficient
- Collaborate across all areas of the business and contribute to growth decisions – you’ll be instrumental in enabling your peers to do what they do best!
- Actively contribute to weekly team sprints where we’ll discuss and prioritise, triage and ship target deliverables to ensure on-time and on-spec delivery
- Work on a mix of bigger-picture projects and manage spot fires as they arise
- Work in an environment of continuous learning/improvement and which values communication, feedback, simplicity, respect and courage.
- Ability to build bespoke and user-friendly applications with the latest software development and coding technologies
- Work as part of a small team which requires a hands-on autonomous approach to development and design
- Develop highly scalable systems using a variety of tools and languages and multiple open-source technologies
- Define architectural improvements to enable meaningful growth in website traffic and order volumes management
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and at least +3 years of programming experience
- Experience working as part of a team software development effort and have ground-up tech stack design+build experience
- Full-stack experience. Mobile app experience is a plus.
- Experience with test driven development (TDD)
- Able to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Able to focus on delivering customer value
- Able to manage time and juggle competing priorities while working with the wider team to accomplish business objectives.
- Ruby (Sinatra)
- HTML / CSS
- React JS / Webpack / Sass
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Magento / PHP
Our methodology toolkit
- Test driven development (TDD)
- Pair programming
- Continuous integration
- Agile planning