Senior Full-Stack Engineer Ruby/NodeJs & React
This job offer is expired
Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges - making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users as much as possible in the production of Babbel. We currently have 750 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users in every hemisphere.
We are looking for Senior Full-Stack Engineers to start immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany!
Does this describe you?
- I have experience building scalable systems and applications using languages like Ruby, Node.JS, or Go
- I am experienced with at least one component-based frontend framework like React
- I know how to test software on different levels: unit, integration, contract and E2E
- I am able to analyse metrics about system health and performance
- I understand lean and agile practices
- I have effective communication and interpersonal skills
- I am fluent in written and spoken English
- I love an open, inclusive culture that supports learning and encourages collaboration
- I like to cooperate with product and business stakeholders building together a trust working environment
What you can be doing at Babbel
- Delivering value iteratively by building high-quality applications and features
- Building, maintaining, and taking ownership of a rich ecosystem of applications and services
- Ensuring the systems you own are healthy, resilient, and perform well
- Collaborating cross-functionally on feature design, architectural decisions, and assessing technical debt
- Working with cutting-edge tools and services like Terraform to shape our AWS infrastructure or DataDog to visualise our metrics
- Shaping our coding guidelines and quality standards
Come on join us!
Make a real impact in the world in a meaningful way at a company that values its employees.
- We’re driven by a bold challenge: Everyone learning languages
- Diversity is our strength - we are a vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities
- We’re a learning company - we provide opportunities for employees to level-up through our Babbel Academy
- We have a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- We offer great company benefits e.g. 30 days holidays, a high-end company bike or BVG ticket, a budget for external training, fresh fruit & drinks
Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us!