Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer (Back-End)
This job offer is expired
Apptegy is an EdTech company based in Little Rock, Arkansas. At Apptegy, we are building the first marketing platform for schools. Thrillshare, our publishing platform, makes it easy for schools to share positive stories with their communities and the world.
We’re growing quickly, yet remain focused on crafting an incredible experience for our teams and clients. We value and expect thoughtfulness and high performance from everyone at Apptegy.
About you and about the role
Apptegy is looking for senior Ruby developers with significant Rails experience to join a growing development team. We have a team in Monterrey, N.L., MX and in Little Rock, Arkasansas., U.S. We have a strong dev team with a full spectrum of expertise from junior to senior and need to add to our senior level ranks to help push the team forward. We are looking for experienced engineers who love helping and mentoring other developers and have the technical know-how to help us build the next generation of communication platforms for schools.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced developer to work closely with a friendly group of engineers building technology that has a direct impact on school kids' lives.
Stuff you'll be doing:
- Looking after and enhancing existing production Rails services
- Mentoring junior developers and participating in code reviews.
- Helping us design the backends for new products, often from a blank canvas.
- Deliver clean and stable Rails code (with tests!)
- Be an advocate for tech and engineering inside the company.
- 4+ years developing and monitoring production Rails apps
- Top communication skills for both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Able to develop idiomatic Rails applications to a high standard.
- Solid REST API design and know-how.
- Strong experience in a top-level database system (ideally Postgres, but others work also).
Nice to Have:
- Awareness of current trends in DevOps and automation
- Experience of front-end frameworks such as Vue, Angular or React.
- Sound architectural skills for secure and highly available cloud apps.
- Good understanding of Amazon Web Services (particularly EC2, EKS, Lambda etc.).
- Experience writing Golang scripts
Salary, benefits, and why you’ll love working at Apptegy:
- Competitive Salary
- Private insurance
- 15 days Aguinaldo
- Work with great people in a fun environment
- Be a part of a team that is transforming the way schools engage their communities!