Sr. Software Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer
Business insurance is failing the modern founder. Brokers are selling the same old, bloated policies. At Vouch, we’re fixing insurance for startups and founders with Insurance-as-a-Service -- the first comprehensive commercial insurance programs that integrate with business tools and scale as companies grow.
Vouch is a new technology-first insurance provider, backed by eight-figures of equity capital from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Gusto for payroll and benefits, Vouch aims to create the go-to risk management and business insurance platform for founders and the companies they’re building.
Vouch is looking for senior software engineers to join our team. You will have the opportunity to quickly contribute critical code and help to shape fundamental aspects of our codebase and engineering culture.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of development experience
- Proficient using Ruby
- Experience in Postgres or another transactional, relational database system, as well as the ability to design schemas.
- Exceptional communication skills. You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, designers, executives, and other stakeholders.
- Experience with web development best practices such as A/B testing, TDD, code reviews, etc.
- Bonus points if you have:
- Solid understanding of how build, scale, and maintain microservices
- Experience with HashiCorp tools (Consul, Vault, and Terraform)
- Polyglot programmer comfortable developing in different programming languages
- Understanding of event-based systems, message queues, immutable database design
- TypeScript and/or ECMAScript 6 (ES6)
- Be part of a team that is disrupting the insurance business by offering a streamlined Insurance-as-a-Service offering for founders so that they can move their companies to the next level
- Help architect and build a system that will make a very complex process as simple as possible.
- Mentor other engineers and help bring in best practices around coding.
What We Offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Reimbursements for cell, commuter benefits, and wellness (gym, classpass, etc.)
Vouch is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.Apply now