This job offer is expired
WHO ARE DRIFTROCK?
Driftrock was started with the aim of making advertising through social channels better. There’s no excuse for being chased around the internet by images of products you’ve already bought. It’s irritating for the end user and counterproductive for the company attempting to sell their products or services. Using our tooling marketers can refine their targeting such that the ads are only shown to people who have shown genuine interest.
WORKING AT DRIFTROCK
Driftrock’s tooling provides our users with a way to receive, transform, track and optimise leads from social channels. Currently these tools look and feel very separate so we’re in the process of bringing them together, with the view to having Driftrock be more of a platform than a set of tools. Other problems we’re solving, and are looking to solve in the near future, include:
- How to securely and safely handle personally identifying information;
- How to enrich incoming data with information that will help our users decide on the best next steps for their leads;
- What reports to provide to our users such that they can see if their efforts are resulting in quality leads and what they can do to improve.
The technology is a mixture of Ruby, Elixir and React applications hosted on Kubernetes and Google Cloud. We make use of Redis and Postgres for data storage and RabbitMQ for event processing.
You will be expected to:
- Build RESTful APIs, event-based systems and front-end applications;
- Work with well-known public APIs like Facebook and LinkedIn;
- Design and improve user experience;
- Support production systems;
- Manage cloud infrastructure.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We’re a small team of 15 people at Driftrock but we’re growing. Our product development team is 7 people with 6 developers and 1 CTO, this means that anyone we bring in can have a huge impact on the culture and practices of the team.
We believe in continuous improvement and we are constantly refining and improving how we work and communicate. One of the ways we do this is by performing fortnightly retrospectives, which are often run by different team members.
Currently we make use of daily standups and weekly prioritisation meetings to ensure we're pulling in the same direction and maintaining our focus of delivering value to our end users early and often.
- You should be keen to learn and improve technical, product and personal skills;
- You want to be involved in crafting products whilst building on the culture and process of the product team;
- You are happy working in a small team, collaborating closely with other engineers as well as our product and sales teams;
- You can provide new and diverse viewpoints for our technical and product discussions;
- You are interested in agile practices such as continuous delivery, TDD, pair programming, code reviews and retrospectives;
- You are keen to ensure there is a high standard of quality and security in the software we produce as a team;
- You are interested in mentoring and coach other team members;
- You have the right to work in the UK.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
The interview process has some flexibility but is primarily made up of the following stages:
- An initial phone conversation with an engineer;
- A take home technical test/coding challenge;
- Followed by an on-site pairing interview, where we'll build on your code challenge solution. We then do an informal problem solving task and we finish up with an informal chat with the rest of the team;
- For more information on what to expect from the interview process, check out this blog post.
We try our hardest to reduce the amount of stress involved in the process, we’re not trying to catch you out with trick questions and if at any point (even on the take home test) you have any questions for us we encourage you to ask them.
- You will work with passionate and smart people, in an environment where we firmly believe in sharing knowledge;
- You will be an integral part of a growing and innovative tech startup;
- You can be enrolled to the Company’s pension scheme;
- The company atmosphere is social and friendly;
- You will be part of fun monthly team events.
We will not be considering any recruitment agencies for this role.
"By applying for this job you hereby give us permission to store your data on our secure applicant tracking system and to contact you with regards to Driftrock Ltd and our job opportunities. We will store your data for a year before deleting all individually identifiable information. If you wish data to be deleted sooner, please email requesting the deletion of your data".