Ruby on Rails Developer
Our engineering challenges
- We are loading an increasing volume of data from around the world into a sophisticated data repository; this brings its own challenges both of scaling and instrumentation.
- Our users want to search and retrieve this data in real time often at an industrial scale.
- Our service is a key part of major institutions' Know Your Client and Anti Money Laundering processes so it needs to be reliable and secure.
- We're always adding new ways of retrieving and analysing our data.
We have opportunities for Ruby on Rails developers at all levels.
- Do you have a mature approach to delivering software and set yourself high standards in the design of tests and the hygiene of your commits?
- Could you mentor and coach people to improve their own practise?
- Do you want to design solutions to gnarly engineering challenges as well as make our users feel awesome about themselves with new features?
Whether you have 1 year of Rails experience or ten, you are passionate about continuing to learn and improve. You are ready to take on the challenges of handling data at scale. You want to have some fun while you make a difference to the world.
- £40-85k depending on experience
- We offer 26 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- We will add you to our pension scheme
- Are you interested in a conference, training course or book? You got it.
- If you want to work remotely sometimes because kids, Amazon deliveries, plumbers, sick cat etc., that's cool.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
- You're interested in how to handle industrial quantities of complex data.
- You have some experience of Ruby on Rails. It would be really cool if you also had some exposure to any of the following: RSpec, Elasticsearch, Resque, CircleCI, Neo4J or their equivalents.
- You're happy to be part of a team. We like to share our knowledge and learn from each other. We try to be better developers.
- You can come into the office most of the time. We like you so we want to see you whenever you can make it in.
- You are entitled to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we can't help with visas or relocation at the moment.