Lead Full-Stack Rails Developer
Workbar is a growing network of coworking locations in Greater Boston connected through a proprietary technology platform. We are a collection of vibrant and buzzing workspaces shared by a diverse community of professionals ranging from start-ups to small businesses to enterprise companies. What results is an inspiring, high-energy place to work and collaborate.
We are leading the way on defining how workspace is purchased and functions in today’s mobile, on-demand economy - for individuals and large companies alike. Workbar is accelerating its expansion within New England and into new markets. We are headquartered directly across from South Station, with many locations throughout the Greater Boston region.
Visit www.workbar.com to learn more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Workbar is seeking a full-stack Rails developer to work with our software team in designing, building, testing, and operationalizing Workbar’s home grown software platform. The platform, known as Wobbe, is the backbone that 1) helps our members make the most of their Workbar experience through functional use and networking tools, while also 2) enabling facility operators to run their spaces with ease.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and have start up experience.
Work with the current Web Development team to:
- Create best practice guidelines and managing the team to those standards
- Pair with developers to collaborate on feature development
- Participate in code reviews to help the team learn from one another
- React to customer and business requests by continually evolving our product
- Improve the performance, scalability, and security of our production systems
- Automate our infrastructure and software delivery lifecycle
- Develop outstanding code that delivers what the business is looking for
Architecture. You are comfortable working with your team to craft a design: choosing the appropriate technology – either built in-house or off-the-shelf for integration - and designing a solution that answers the problems at hand while staying within constraints. You possess an understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable and secure application.
Coding. We’re looking for a breadth of experience including:
- 5+ years of professional web development experience using Ruby on Rails
- Experience with TDD best practices, particularly using Rspec and Capybara
- Experience with commercial software development. You have built and supported products that were sold, shipped, and supported.
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge of payment platforms is a big plus
- Road map development experience
DevOps. Every developer at Workbar is responsible for the stability, reliability, and security of the code they ship and the platform it runs on. You should feel at home working with Amazon Web Services, particularly EC2, RDS, and S3.
You are flexible, open-minded, and love a challenge. You enjoy working with a team to help each other to improve and grow. You are open to constructive criticism and are comfortable giving it.Apply now