Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer / Technical Lead who is responsible for the development and maintenance of a SaaS application portfolio. The ideal candidate is interested in creating innovative applications and loves to work on the cutting edge of technology and be comfortable across a range of technologies. We need someone who is resourceful in getting things done — a productive team member that is both independent and collaborative.
You should be excited about experimenting and pushing boundaries. Our ideal teammates are constantly looking to learn something new and become better at what they do — whether that means doing self-driven research or asking the other individuals questions where they are most knowledgeable.
What You Bring
You will need to wear many hats and be able to strategically lead a project team to successful delivery. You should be excited to mentor, influence, and lead a team, as well as be an expert in at least one language or domain.
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Strong working knowledge of Ruby, including patterns and best practices
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud computing platform
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.)
- Prior use of CI/CD tools, understand the patterns and principles of TDD
- Experience with building RESTful APIs and/or Microservices
- Experience with development/design of large-scale software projects
- Docker or Kubernetes a plus
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, we have an amazing open office with unlimited snacks, free drinks, and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. You can learn more about recent activities on our blog updates and our cultural values on our CEO blog.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 13 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to GoCanvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theater, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
No 3rd party recruiting firms submitting candidates from job sites.Apply now