Senior Ruby Full Stack Developer
This job offer is expired
LightSky is seeking a Full-Time, Senior, Ruby on Rails Full Stack Developer.
About the job
You’ll be working primarily on various Ruby on Rails projects ranging from Rails 2.x through Rails 5.x, including porting of older Rails projects to Rails 5.x and maintenace of those legacy applications. You’ll participate in meetings and help assist project managers in developing accurate estimates and timeframes for the projects that you are assigned. You’ll work with the client and project manager to quickly determine the cause of bugs and formulate long term fixes and steps to prevent recurrence.
About your skills
- You enjoy working in Ruby on Rails, and have experience using it to implement web applications of various types and complexities. Most of your work will involve maintenance of high-volume, high concurrency applications so experience with that is a must
- You have a working knowledge of Linux and are comfortable in most server administration tasks. This includes, but is not limited to, debugging networking and/or connection issues, optimizing apache/nginx for high-concurrency applications and general server troubleshooting
- You write clean, easy to read code that is elegant and concise.
- You have an understanding of front-end development using CSS/JQuery/Bootstrap
- You have a working knowledge of MySQL and optimizing SQL Queries and database administration
- You have experience working in high volume, high performance web applications and write code with that in mind
- You have experience using Git version control software
- You are able to think outside of the box to anticipate and solve problems before they get out of hand
- You are able to describe complex problems and solutions in an articulate and easy to understand manner
- You have worked in and understand the importance of a Test Driven Development and have experience using testing frameworks such as RSpec (with Shoulda) and Capybara
- Your skills are ever developing, and you are interested in learning new techniques and frameworks
- A BS in Computer Science is ideal, but not required, if able to demonstrate comparable work experience
- You have experience and are comfortable working in Drupal and Wordpress including module development for both.
- You have experience working in on Software as a Service (SaaS) products
- You demonstrate a familiarity with the Agile method of software development.
- You are able to work well in a team and individual environment
- You are open to expanding your skill set to grow with LightSky
- You code with confidence
- You code defensively - you anticipate possible problems and solve them before they arise
- You are very self motivated, and able to work with little direct supervision
- You are physically located within the United States and are authorized to work here.
Please note that LightSky is seeking an individual to work with. Agencies and firms need not apply. Also if you are not physically located in the United States eligible to work in the United States, you will under NO CIRCUMSTANCE be considered for this position.
Applications will be accepted until February 14th, 2018. Please include any relevant project samples, and salary requirements in your submission.