This job offer is expired
Ready to change the world with code? With hundreds of millions of users we face the challenge of building a top-class backend infrastructure and applications every day. Our main tools of choice to scale our applications are jRuby, Sinatra, Sidekiq, MySQL, and MongoDB.
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE BY:
- Designing efficient and scalable backend services and APIs for our health and fitness applications
- Working together with your team to envision the next great features and applications of Runtastic
- Writing tests and releasing & monitoring your code
- Improving our growing codebase
With a proactive mindset there will be plenty of opportunities to bring in your own ideas to shape the future of Runtastic.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE RIGHT MATCH:
- Experience writing robust, maintainable HTTP and REST APIs. Previous experience with Ruby is a plus
- At least 2 years of experience in backend development
- Knowledge of SQL and familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Cassandra
- Ability to speak JSON (preferably JSON API) and REST to clients
- Preferably, a degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field (higher technical institute or university)
- Very good English skills
- Curious mindset, a team player and desire to work and live in Austria