Senior Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Senior Software Engineer
Are you ready to lead your own development team?
The Cultural Intelligence Center (CQC), an innovative, research-based consulting and training company, may have just the opportunity you are looking for. We serve customers around the world from our two Michigan offices (Southfield and Grand Rapids) and offer an array of training and e-Learning products through our custom built web portal.
We are a growing company that is changing the way individuals and organizations approach diversity and global engagement. Based in Michigan, our international team of employees includes trainers, instructional designers, consultants, administrators and researchers providing state of the art products and services that make a real difference in people’s lives.
The Cultural Intelligence Center (CQC) is currently looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to lead development of our cloud-based applications. The ideal candidate will successfully combine problem solving, excellent communication skills and broad technical knowledge. This position requires the ability to work with a diverse and interdisciplinary team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hands on technical leadership and participate in architectural decision-making for our custom software tools and services, including our assessment portal and e-learning platform
- Partner with product leadership to build and lead our internal technical development team
- Work with product management, researchers, and partners in an Agile environment
- Break down large deliverables into manageable tasks to create high quality, test driven software
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent), or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience designing, developing, testing, and debugging web-based software solutions at scale.
- Work efficiently, effectively and autonomously in an Agile product development environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Curiosity and a love of learning.
Good to Have
- Experience leading development teams, establishing process and best practices, and defining and implementing scalable architecture and technology solutions.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with data security and privacy frameworks
- Product Management
- Customer Success
- Full-time, salaried position
- Reports to Vice President, Operations
- Based in Southfield, MI