Full Stack Software Engineer, Internal
This job offer is expired
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
The Core Engineering team enables our business and our employees by building internal applications to accelerate productivity, collaboration, and community. To achieve this mission, engineers are involved in all stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle: idea generation, user interviews, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, iteration, and maintenance. Our engineers own problems end-to-end, helping to define and shape the problems the team solves, and the ways in which to solve them.
The team's code impacts everyone at Palantir—from culture and community to productivity and knowledge discovery. Engineers not only impact business-critical workflows, but also influence the company they are a part of and own.
Technologies We Use
We use a combination of open-source and internal technologies that suit the problems at hand, including core Palantir products.
• Ruby on Rails powers the majority of our backend work, with a variety of other languages and tooling used for scripting. Ideally you’ll have prior experience with Rails or similar web frameworks.
• Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Webpack, GitHub, and CircleCI, allowing code to hit production within minutes of review.
What We Value
- You have a high bar for quality and design, not only in the product and visual sense, but also in your code and technical architecture.
- You are passionate about building user interfaces that enable employees to solve their day-to-day problems and think deeply about how technical decisions will impact users—even in the most subtle of ways.
- You enjoy working directly with users to identify and solve their problems.
- You thrive in working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives (and are willing to debate them if you disagree).
- You are adept at working independently and making decisions with minimal supervision.
- You enjoy taking end-to-end ownership of a feature or product.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.