\o/ Senior Ruby Software Engineer \o/ |Help enable a more joined-up government|
This job offer is expired
GovWifi is an authentication service in use across public sector organisations that makes participating networks appear as one to the user. GovWifi enables smarter working and encourages joined-up government. GovWifi provides a free guest wifi service in organisations that have signed up using a fast and simple registration process. It currently has around 250,000 active users.
You'll join a multi-disciplinary team supporting and further developing this service.
- build RESTful web services to serve a variety of citizen and government needs
- implement toolkits and APIs for purposes such as integration, performance optimisation, security and scalability
- build automated tests to support our continuous deployment environment
- provide technical leadership within the team, advising and working with developers to identify the best solutions
- apply broad knowledge of web technologies
- take responsibility for solving complex issues
- experience in back-end development, with detailed knowledge of Ruby, ideally the Rails framework
- understand software design principles
- use testing to validate solutions
- experience of working on, or with web technologies
- familiar with working practices such as TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps
- leader, who enjoys helping colleagues with their career development and coaching more junior staff members