\o/ Senior Ruby Software Engineer \o/ |Help enable a more joined-up government|
GovWifi is an authentication service in use across public sector organisations that makes participating networks appear as one to the user. GovWifi enables smarter working and encourages joined-up government. GovWifi provides a free guest wifi service in organisations that have signed up using a fast and simple registration process. It currently has around 250,000 active users.
You'll join a multi-disciplinary team supporting and further developing this service.
- build RESTful web services to serve a variety of citizen and government needs
- implement toolkits and APIs for purposes such as integration, performance optimisation, security and scalability
- build automated tests to support our continuous deployment environment
- provide technical leadership within the team, advising and working with developers to identify the best solutions
- apply broad knowledge of web technologies
- take responsibility for solving complex issues
- experience in back-end development, with detailed knowledge of Ruby, ideally the Rails framework
- understand software design principles
- use testing to validate solutions
- experience of working on, or with web technologies
- familiar with working practices such as TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps
- leader, who enjoys helping colleagues with their career development and coaching more junior staff members