Senior Ruby Developer
We're looking for a curious and experienced ruby developer to join our platform team.
As a senior developer at The Conversation youll not only help develop and shape the way news is delivered and consumed, but you will also play a critical role in developing the tools to empower our editorial workforce to quickly produce and review breaking news in a timely and rigorous manner.
The work you do will have immediate impact with a reach of over 40M impressions per month and multiple deploys per day you'll see your work front a centre of the changing news landscape as we aim to sustainably deliver fact and evidence based news to a world infected with spin.
About The Conversation
The Conversation (theconversation.com) is an independent source of news, sourced from the academic and research community and delivered direct to the public.
- Exceptionally meaningful work with a large impact, our reach is over 40M impressions per month and growing.
- Multiple deploys per day, so you'll see your work in-front of a large audience immediately as opposed to another billing service class in a 6 month timeline.
- Fantastic deployment pipeline, continuous integration and deployment with the release of a build.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 1 expenses paid conference per year within Australia on company time (the entire team usually does RubyConfAU or ReactConf AU together).
- Funday Friday once a month (a day each month to investigate a topic of your choosing and implement whatever you like).
- Our fantastic Operational Transform collaborative editor came out of a Funday Friday Project.
- As did our fantastic table tennis table score board.
- Excellent Work/Life balance.
- Fresh fruit in the office.
- Remote friendly organisation, and if you're onsite... Our Carlton office is next to great parks, coffee & food!
- Fantastic Editorial/News culture with daily trivia and banter!
- Regular internal knowledge-sharing sessions on a wide variety of fascinating topics.