Sr. Backend Engineer with Rails Experience
This job offer is expired
Rize is looking for a full-time Sr. Backend Engineer with Ruby on Rails experience to work in our Arlington, VA office right across from the Courthouse Metro!
At Rize, we’re building the banking platform of the future. One that unifies spending, saving, and investing in ways current banks can't. We've built a truly differentiated product capable of independently managing multiple pools of money across different account types. Rize intelligently helps customers achieve their financial goals and is easily customized for audiences ranging from millennials to retirees.
We’ve already taken the first steps: In 2017, we created a unified saving and investing platform. In the process, we accumulated thousands of beta testers on the platform with fantastic engagement metrics. We’ve accomplished a lot so far, but we’re just getting started. Now we need a hard-working and creative backend engineer to help us execute the next phase of our roadmap.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
A talented Sr. level Ruby on Rails engineer to join our 5-person backend engineering team. You are a quick study on existing code and are able to find new technologies and tools to help build software. You get excited about building something from the ground up and having a say right from the get-go.
You should be able to solve problems using creative solutions and implement them effectively. You should have extensive experience building out APIs and you should feel right at home designing complicated data models that will meet the needs of a growing platform. You will help build the engine that runs Rize and make sure it can handle whatever it needs to haul. You should be excited about cutting-edge software development and your work should reflect that. This role isn’t for everyone, but if you want to look back in 10 years at a company that has had a huge positive impact for people and say, “I helped build that”, then this might be right for you.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Building out a RESTful API for our banking platform
- Designing and implementing our backend infrastructure
- Writing thorough unit and integration tests
- Integrating our platform with third-party services and APIs
- Leveraging open-source software
- Helping our business team analyze our data
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- RESTful architectures
- Object-oriented design
- SQL databases
- Server-side web-application frameworks
- Git and developing in linux-like environments
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF
- You want to play a key role in changing the financial world for the better
- You want to be part of building something from the ground up
- You want to solve a new problem every day
- You work well with the fast pace and ambiguity inherent in a start-up
- Write us a short note about why you feel you'd be a good fit for the position.
- Include your resume and links to one or two representative projects, preferably with code.