Senior Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Who we are
We are Marley Spoon. We love cooking. We believe cooking should be a pleasure, and we know that with full lives and busy schedules, it can be a challenge. That’s where we come in. To help make weeknights easier and dinners more delicious, we’re taking the thousands of dishes we’ve created and delivering them right to our customer's door.
Of course this is not a straightforward exercise, this is why we need the most talented and passionate software engineers to help carry out our mission to bring delicious food to you at home. We believe that we can delight our customers – and each other – every day.
What we offer
- Great technical and business challenges
- An environment where we get things done without formal hurdles
- An open, diverse and respectful culture with over 50 nationalities
- Work in a beautiful and cozy office in the heart of Berlin
- Flexible hours
- Knowledge sharing activities such as Hack Days, Brown Bags and more
- Conference budget
- Participation in Marley Spoon’s success via an outstanding employee virtual share program
- Free meal kits delivered to your home and other cooking-related activities in the company
- Visa support and relocation help
What we look for
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer in our Customer Experience team to support our strong growth as a company. The successful candidate will have multi-year experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails, a strong foundation in industry standard development tools and methodologies and good people skills. You will be a part of a friendly and supportive team of around 30 developers, working mostly on new features but also maintaining and refactoring existing applications.
- Design & implement features in our customer facing applications
- Build APIs using GraphQL
- Proactively help shaping cross- and in-application design & architecture
- Write testable and maintainable code that is reliable and performant
- Work closely with internal clients, product managers and our application platform team to arrive at the best possible feature implementation
- Mentor and help other developers
- This role gives you an opportunity to grow into more senior roles
This is you
- Proven experience in development with Ruby, preferably Ruby on Rails
- Strong capabilities in architectural design
- Experience of agile methodologies, such as Kanban or Scrum
- A broad understanding of current technologies & frameworks
- Strong collaborator within and outside of the development community
- Eager to learn continuously
- Experience with current frontend technologies, especially React
- Experience with relational databases and/or other backend technologies
- Experience with event architectures & publish-subscribe systems like Kafka
- Experience with cloud infrastructures such as AWS & Digital Ocean
Love the sound of the position, but don’t think you’re the ideal candidate? Please apply! At Marley Spoon we value learning and growth.
We have worked hard to build a diverse team of encouraging and passionate technologists. We encourage people of all genders, ethnicity, ability and sexual orientation to apply!