Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (Remote Working Possibility)
Who we are
We are a digital service design agency with strong technical delivery capabilities with ambitious growth plans. Weve been helping the government, charities, corporations, and start-ups to achieve their digital goals since 2009. We like to do work that has a positive impact on society, and many of our projects have a social-good aspect to them.
Relationships, innovation, and quality are at the core of who we are. We believe that by forming positive relationships with colleagues and clients, we can be better than the sum of our parts. Our focus on innovation helps us find smart solutions to our clients problems. Our dedication to quality means the services and products we create always leave people smiling.
Flexible and remote working
From the very beginning, we established effective remote working practices. It provides a better work-life balance and gives our people more autonomy. It opens up opportunities for people who otherwise would not be able to work with us and helps us do our bit in preserving the environment. As long as you can make it to client meetings when required, you can choose to work from home as much as you wish.
What is it like being a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer at Bit Zesty?
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer at Bit Zesty, you will be working alongside the product/project management and UX teams to create rock-solid and scalable products.
It is the perfect opportunity for someone who is experienced in creating dynamic web applications and passionate about clean code and who is looking for a long term role.
- Write and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- DevOps: improve the automation of the software development process.
- Identify performance issues and bugs; and provide solutions to these problems.
- Contribute to creating a culture of writing excellent software.
- Take wireframes/mockups and user stories and build systems that meet the requirements.
- Create user-friendly web app interfaces by working closely with UX designers and front-end developers.
- Work with other team members to ensure we are building the right product.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Pair-program with other developers and discuss technical architectures.
What do we offer in return?
- Opportunity to work mostly remotely (unless you prefer to be office based).
- Flexible working hours.
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off (+ bank holidays).
- Training/conference budget.
- Medical insurance.
- Gym membership.
- Competitive salary depending on relevant experience and working arrangements.
If you wish to be office based:
- Office in a vibrant central London location - Islington/Kings Cross.
- Free bar to unwind after a busy day.
- Roof terrace for hot summer days.
Are you interested? Please send us your CV; wed love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.Apply now