Full Stack Software Engineer @ Upstart
Here at Upstart, we’re on a mission to reinvent lending. Our proprietary algorithm predicts income potential and default rates more accurately than traditional data alone. By considering more than just credit scores, our lending platform is helping thousands of people on their way to a better financial future.
We’re looking for curious and humble team members driven by a desire to move quickly and build robust systems that improve people’s lives. You'll enjoy significant autonomy in architecting systems, writing algorithms, and crafting elegant user interfaces. You'll also get the chance to solve challenges with interesting engineering constraints, work in a distributed system, and work side by side with data scientists.
While you’ll collaborate plenty with our teams in San Mateo, the engineering team in Columbus is specifically focused on Powered by Upstart, our customizable software-as-a-service platform. PBU is a major company initiative and a key part of our goal to connect people with the credit they need.
- Work within all areas of the platform from our web interfaces and 3rd party API integrations to backend business logic
- Move quickly to drive the product forward while always keeping our end users in mind
- Write well-tested, maintainable code
- Help us build our engineering team and make Upstart Columbus a genuinely awesome place to work
- Have worked with full stack web applications for at least 2 years professionally,
- Are comfortable working with SQL databases and domain modeling,
- Get jazzed when presented with a challenging problem to solve and,
- Are happiest when you’re able to pivot between heads down solo work and collaborative sessions with your teammates
Then we’d love to hear from you!Apply now