Software Engineer (Backend)
Gravity is looking for passionate software engineers to architect, design, and develop native mobile apps for use by our drivers and clients.
As a member of the team you should love working on complex technical problems.You'll work to improve the overall performance of our products and ensure they stay stable and scalable as we continue to grow as a company.
- You love working on complex technical products and have exposure to distributed systems, concurrency control, data replication, file systems, or SQL processing.
- You are comfortable using programming languages like Go, Ruby, Java, and Python. We use Ruby and Go on the server side.
- You love building relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with your teammates on challenging problems.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of apps that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in an extremely fast moving environment
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Computer Science degree from a top tier university or equivalent work experience
- Experience building, deploying, and managing backend services
- Experience using of Rails
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies
It is always nice to have everyone in the office, but good work is the higher priority. You are free to arrange your work schedule to meet your individual circumstances. You also have the option to temporarily work from another city, state, or even country - the ultimate accommodation for work/life balance. In addition Gravity offers:
- Competitive salary & retirement benefits
- Health and dental benefits
- Generous and flexible PTO policy
- Your choice of equipment
- Team events and happy hours