Backend Software Engineer
Hotel Engine is a high-growth, Denver-based tech company that is innovating the business travel industry with a free, private hotel booking management platform. With over 200,000 hotel properties globally, Hotel Engine offers up to 60% off publicly available hotel rates for small-to-medium businesses, large enterprises, and government travelers.
Serving industries like construction, transportation and logistics, oil and gas, retail, healthcare, and more, Hotel Engine has customized hotel reservation management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of organizations of any size and industry.
Hotel Engine (https://www.hotelengine.com) seeks a senior Node software engineer with strong abstract problem-solving abilities to join our team. Our team is focused on shipping quality product.
This is an in-office position, but we do allow for two days a week for you to work remotely if you like. Remote candidates are encouraged to apply if they can commit to moving to Denver within four weeks after receiving an offer.
How We Work:
- We ship code daily to our CI, staging, and production environments. Build, deploy, and monitoring alerts are posted to Slack.
- We do two-week sprints with daily standups and biweekly grooming, planning, and retrospectives.
- We are good teammates who follow our working agreement. We’re looking for hard workers who don’t let their ego get in the way.
- We allow for two days remote work per week.
- 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Willingness to learn Node.
- A passion for writing clean, maintainable code.
- Willingness to learn.
- Experience with high volume, scalable architecture.
- Experience with Hapi.js.
- Production experience Amazon Web Services (Lambda).