Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Scala Software Engineer to join the Geezeo team. In this role you will work on a cross functional/disciplined team supporting our Geezeo application. Our platform delivers a best in class digital banking experience to over 500 banks and credit unions. We seamlessly integrate our platform into digital banking solutions and complete over 11 million financial transactions per day.
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, and openness. Our team is highly distributed, meaning you will work with kind, talented engineers from across various locations. You’ll get the chance to contribute to products that are used by hundreds of thousands of people. Occasional travel may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with server-side programming languages.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with functional programming languages (Scala, Haskell, Erlang, Clojure, Lisp, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience with microservice architecture in a production environment
- is helpful.
- Experience with Scala in a production environment.
- Experience with Akka, Slick, and Spark libraries.
- Experience with AWS Lambda, Kinesis, and Dynamodb
- Restful API experience.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Understanding of microservices.
- Ability to support large enterprise applications with development, maintenance and support.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.