Farmy AG is an established Swiss-based e-commerce company is hiring Software Engineers to beef up its App Development and Digital Laboratory team. We’re the No. 1 in several nominations as reported by the Swiss e-Commerce Awards 2015 / 2017 / 2019. The job location is in Barcelona, Spain as this is where our software engineering team is working from in tight coordination with Farmy headquarters in Zurich and Lausanne in Switzerland.
Farmy develops and runs an organic and local food retail platform that connects customers with farmers’ product supplies directly. When you place an order with Farmy, you get fresh food, which a day before was collected at the farmyard, right to your doorstep or your favorite cafe – a thing, no conventional retail chain can give you. Our customers love eating healthy and fresh food, and with over 12'5000 products on sale in our catalog, we do try to satisfy their appetite with every update.
Our company is growing rapidly, after 6 successful years in the Swiss market, preparing for expansion and we’re hiring.
The working environment will be a nice digital office space in barrio San Martín with friendly people, delicious coffee and fine activity options around the place.
Team-lead developer position assumes a flexible role in a mostly full-stack team while working on increasing team skills, solving complex software engineering problems and coordinating frontend and backend developers, communicating with business units and sprint planning.
You will report directly to the CTO.
Technical Skills Required:
- Ruby on Rails experience is a must, the platform is Ruby-based, utilizing a lot of popular libraries;
- AngularJS (1.4-1.7) proficiency and ReactJS skills is a must;
- Rails framework and ecosystem;
- High-level Linux/Unix skills, Unix shell should feel like home.
- RESTful APIs and modern authentication patterns;
- Git processes, conflict resolution, merging, etc.
- Atlassian Jira management workflow, understanding of time/resource tracking features;
- Practical machine learning and predictions experience will yield a large number of extra points!;
- Android Java platform and/or Apple Swift knowledge are totally not required but will yield extra points, as we have a small code-base using these, which requires maintenance and improvements.
Language Skills Required:
- High spoken and written English proficiency (all communication is done in English, the team speaks English and Castellano)
- German proficiency will be a plus but is not required (although you’ll be often working with German, French and English content)
- Anual educational budget
- Sports subscription in the club just below the office.
- Very flexible 40 hours, fixed contract, compatible with your personal issues that may arise every now and then.
We’re looking for a dedicated person, who loves programming big and complex things and just can’t stop thinking about it. If you’re like that, please feel welcome to drop us a line!Apply now