This job offer is expired
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What’s a Backend Engineer?
Reporting to the Engineering Leader, the Backend Engineer will work collaboratively with the Product and Technology division to further develop backend services to support acquisition, third party integrations, claims, insurance product, and more.
What will you do?
- Design, build and maintain our backend infrastructure
- Own features from start to finish while working with your scrum team to ensure excellent outcomes
- Collaborate with other teammates to creatively solve problems ranging from scalability and performance to users interface and experience
- Help improve, expand and maintain our acquisition, applicant and customer API’s
- Work with the engineering and product team to help bring the features on our ambitious roadmap to life for our customers
What do you have?
- Experience with Typescript, Kotlin, Ruby on Rails, or Node.js
- Strong understanding of RESTful API conventions
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- Ability to strike a balance between the needs of today with building towards a greater future
- You use data-driven development to build, scope and define features that have a measurable impact
- Experienced with domain-driven design to help explain and simplify complex problems
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social