Sr. Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
We offer our clients a telemedicine software platform that has been built, updated, and refined over the past six years and we are looking for individuals to join the team to continue delivering the product that our customers need to drive meaningful patient interactions through the convenience of remote video sessions.
As a team that is rapidly evolving our development processes, refining our priorities and working to stay in front of the market, we need experienced engineers, QA, and product team members who can positively influence our growth while also delivering high-quality software that our customers love. This role, in particular, will be focused on “integration” activities, helping to lead up our Product Development track supporting our own APIs as well as the integration of third-party tools and APIs to extend the capabilities of our platform.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Focused development of project-level product enhancements and support and maintenance of a thoroughly unit-tested Rails application
- Identify and encourage the prioritization of code optimization and technical debt reduction opportunities while supporting a scalable service-oriented architecture
- Recommend and encourage the use of technologies best suited to supporting our product and its use cases
- Mentor and support other engineering team members
- Pull from prior experience to champion and encourage productive growth of the team’s agile/scrum development activities
- Experience (4+ years) of software development, particularly developing Ruby-on-Rails applications and with experience and interest in other related web development technologies:
- Familiarity with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working across a full stack with particular experience in designing and building micro-services, APIs, and integrations with third-party APIs and services