← Back to all jobs
Front End Engineer
This job offer is expired
Front End Engineer
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last seven years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 150 team members, and built an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Front End Engineer to our team.
Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering and UX teams work remotely, so you’ll have the option of working from the comfort of your home or right in our office if you’re local. Compensation is competitive, and we offer a full benefits package. We have regular company-wide events, semi-annual team gatherings, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
As one of our Front End Engineers, you’ll be responsible for:
- Work with the Product and User Experience team to identify new features and functionality
- Work with Engineering teams to convert mockups to working views in the application
- Pair with both Engineering and User Experience teams to solve problems collaboratively
- Be passionate about growing professionally
- Handle hotfixes for any front end issues that may be discovered
- Investigate new front end technologies and how they might be applied to improve the user experience
- Manage global CSS/SASS to ensure it follows BEM conventions and is clean, consistent, and efficient.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Front End Engineer. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Three to six years of experience in a software development role (Engineer, Designer, QA, Project Manager)
- Passion for creating great user experiences on multiple devices
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS/SASS, and responsive development
- Knowledge of Node.js, npm, and webpack
- Knowledge of Git (or other source control systems)
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Engineering team. This is a high level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with one of our Front End Engineers to talk shop. Be prepared to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past. No homework or on-the-spot assignments. We just want to nerd out a bit with you.
- Go over your career history with our Vice President of Engineering. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Meet virtually with some more of the remote team. We want to give you some idea of the people you will be working with. We ask the serious questions here, like your top three movies.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
More remote rails jobs
Rails backend developer Localistico