Ruby on Rails Developer
This job offer is expired
GMO GlobalSign is a security company with offices worldwide. Our primary business is that of a certificate authority, however, should you join us, you will be working on our IDaaS (Identity as a Service) platform which provides single sign-on services to our customers. We are looking for skilled engineers to join our multinational team based in our Tokyo office located only 5 minutes’ walk from Shibuya station.
We have a very honest and open working culture that rewards great work, and values open communication and constructive criticism. We make big technical decisions as a team, and we are excited to investigate and use new technologies. If you want to grow as a developer joining our development team is a great way to do so.
What we offer:
- A Competitive Salary
- Brand new high spec MacBook or Linux machine, your choice
- Free cafe (Snacks, soft drinks, Coffee, Lunch)
- Free bar (Friday night only 7pm-9: 30 pm)
- Flex time, core hours are 12-4pm
- Work from home (with approval)
- Paid vacation and national holidays
- Visa sponsorship (We accept applications from outside of Japan)
- No compulsory overtime
Desired technical competencies:
- Highly skilled at Ruby/RoR.
- Skilled with SQL
- Able to write clean, simple, well design and tested code
- Comfortable with Git
- Good working knowledge of HTTPS, REST, Sessions, Cookies, Authentication, Web Security, Caching, AWS etc...
Desired non-technical competencies:
- Comfortable working and communicating primarily in English
- Able to contribute in technical discussions
- Able to share ideas in order to improve the product and the development process
- Able to critique existing ideas constructively
- Have a passion for engineering and wish to improve yourself and the engineers around you
Desirable but not required:
- Japanese language ability
- Java/Spring related skills
- Mobile application development experience
- Experience developing browser extensions
- Understand AGILE and SCRUM
- Experience with code quality tools, ideally in a CI environment
- Knowledge regarding SAML, Open ID connect, CAS, Docker etc...