Senior Backend Engineer
This job offer is expired
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our growing development team.
At EverlyWell, you will be a versatile member of the back-end team, researching and implementing technical solutions to business problems using modern best practices and technologies as well as building backend infrastructure and RESTful API’s for B2C, B2B and B2B2C software.
Projects for your first 60 days…
After amazing traction and feedback from users on our subscriptions platform, you will work on continuing to iterate on our MVP solution by building out a robust subscription management tool within our newly redesigned customer dashboard.
As Senior Backend Engineer you will…
- Research and implement new technology to support new and existing business processes
- Design and implement major portions of software using appropriate tools and technologies
- Produce clean and efficient code
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Test and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software
For Senior Backend Engineer, we’re looking for…
- Excellent grasp of Object Oriented Programming concepts
- 4-5+ years’ experience working with Ruby on Rails (or other language like Python, Java, etc)
- Advanced understanding of SQL
- Knowledgeable about security
- Comfortable with standard devops tasks and Linux
- Advanced understanding of RESTful web services, API integrations, and HTTP protocol
- Familiarity with Agile sprint cycle environment and associated best practices
- Can work independently and solve tough problems with little guidance.
- Well spoken and communicative, able to work well in a small team environment, but to also work successfully with large enterprise customers.
- Startup experience a big plus
Why we love working here...
- Employees enjoy a generous PTO policy of uncapped time for vacation, sick days, and personal days.
- Employee Discount program that covers three free tests a year, 50% off thereafter, and 25% off for friends and family.
- Robust parental leave policy of 8 weeks paid time off to include mother, father, or domestic partner for the birth or adoption of a child.
- EverlyWell covers 99% of the employees' health insurance premiums and 50% of dependents.
- New 401K offering.
- Great location in the Seaholm Power District with a fully stocked break room!
- The opportunity ahead knows no bounds.
EverlyWell is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.