Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
This job offer is expired
FlexJobs is hiring! Since 2007, our awesome team has been working hard to present professional, legitimate, flexible jobs to our subscribers. In the bigger picture, we aim to make the job search experience a little easier and safer through hand-screened jobs, skills testing, and a blog that explores all areas of flexible working.
Our mission is to improve the future of work by helping people find flexible jobs that make their lives better. We are committed to doing this internally and externally with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
We also walk the talk! Our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. The ability to flex our schedules as needed to best fit our lives allows us to work in a very focused and productive way. The teams at FlexJobs collaborate and communicate as needed -- whether that’s several times a day or a couple of times a week -- to stay connected and engaged with one another.
You must be based in the United States
More specifically, our ideal candidates will have:
- 5+ years Ruby on Rails development experience - we are using version 5
- 10+ years object-oriented, web software development
- Responsive web page development experience utilizing Bootstrap
- Experience with frameworks like Angular 5 a plus
- Experience with PHP and maintaining Wordpress blog sites a plus
- Experience building and maintaining high volume, consumer-facing websites -- bonus points if you’ve worked on subscription-based sites
- Experience with automated testing suites
- Be interested in a full-time, long-term position
- Be comfortable working independently and in small teams
- Have a sense of pride in your work and a passion for coding
- Have a streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Be highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Be proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- You must have a reliable development environment including: high-speed Internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- Your work environment must be one in which you can really focus without distractions