This job offer is expired
Our Machine Intelligence Programme (MIP) aims to co-create the Bank of the Future by combining machine and human intelligence with data to fundamentally change the way we do business, and to create new opportunities for customers and colleagues.
Together, we'll build re-usable infrastructure, capabilities and operations to unlock the deployment of Applied Sciences across Value Streams to realise benefits at scale, at pace and at low cost. MIP will operate as pathfinders, testing new technologies, libraries and methods to ready them for use in the bank.
Our culture brings together smart, talented, people from diverse backgrounds who enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working.
You’ll also have the opportunity to work on other tech in areas that will help you develop your career to a full stack role.
Responsibilities will include:
• Under appropriate supervision, write modular and well tested code
• Ensure that software is built in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider Engineering community
• Understand and apply industry best practices, foster knowledge sharing to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate
• Relentless focus on delivering business value through sound engineering methods and principles
What are we looking for?
• Some appreciation of DevOps and containerisation e.g. Jenkins, Sonar, Kubernetes, Docker
• Some familiarity with UX design, APIs, and service development (Web Services, RESTful services)
• Curiosity to learn about agile ways of working
• Server side node.js experience, preferably in scaled production environment.
• A “can-do” attitude and an ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary, internal and external distributed teams across the project lifecycle
• Basic understanding of configuration management tools (e.g. Git)
• Willingness to learn and apply industry best practices, foster knowledge sharing and not being afraid to try and solve complex business problems
• Confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
• Good team working and communication skills