← Back to all jobs
Software Engineer (UK)
This job offer is expired
Since we set out in 2012, Etch has worked with dozens of Startups and Multinational companies to design and engineer Software. We establish long-term relationships with clients to help them improve and maintain their online services.
We’re taking on more challenging projects and want to scale-up from a Trio to a Quartette. Plus we’ll be able to arrange that table tennis doubles match, at last!
We only work on about six products a year, which allows us to give projects our full focus and build a stronger understanding of the problem we’re solving.
Canterbury (near London) is our hometown, but we’re a distributed team so you can work from anywhere. We arrange quarterly meet-ups to bring everyone together and hang out for a few days.
You’ll be building web apps with React (our library of choice since 2015), and we maintain a few older projects that sit on Laravel and Rails.
You’ll be using solid tools like Slack, Trello, Github, Heroku, Travis, Codacy, Snyk, to name just a handful.
You’ll be involved in every step of a project — from the initial proposal, all the way through to post-launch support.
- Experience working with a fully remote team.
- Experience building complex, feature-rich web applications.
- Working knowledge of Git, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment.
- An eye for good user experience.
- Experience writing/maintaining unit and integration tests.
- Experienced in basic Linux server administration.
- Practical knowledge of Heroku.
- Workspace budget (enough for a shiny new MacBook).
- Conference trips and meet-ups.
- Summer hours in June, July, and August.
- 20 days holiday a year (increasing with tenure).
- A week off at Christmas.
- Annual bonus.
Position: Software Engineer.
Contract: Permanent, Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Salary: We’ll offer a competitive salary based on your skills and experience.
Although this is a remote position we are currently seeking candidates in the UK only.
More remote react jobs
Front-End Developer-on innovation team CoverMyMeds
Full Stack Engineer Wave
ReactJS Developer (m/f) komoot