Advertising Platforms - Senior Applications Architect
This job offer is expired
Apple is looking for an experienced Web Applications Architect for its Advertising Platforms Business Operations team. This is an opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced team that is focused on establishing industry leading support and new innovation within Apples News and Search Ads platforms. We are looking for an experienced engineer to focus on building custom tools to support a growing business. You will take a leadership role in the growth of a completely new team within Apple. You will be hands-on throughout the software development lifecycle, as we define, design, build and operate a suite of business applications that support the growth of the Ad Platforms business.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, innovative team.
Degree or relevant experience combined with tried industry experience developing business critical web based systems and applications
Demonstrate ability to produce attractive UI (i.e. validated foundation in design/UX principles for web applications).
Exemplary written and verbal interpersonal skills
Strong experience with API integration and troubleshooting
Flask & Postgres experience beneficial
Proven creative thinking and problem solving abilities
Detail oriented and have extraordinary organisational skills
React JS single-page app experience advantageous
Bootstrap experience is beneficial
Comfortable with SQL, ORM
Ability to work independently and with a team in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
* Owning end-to-end service delivery as part of a small team
* Work with internal partners to define features and roadmaps
* Communicate directly with users to gain a deep understanding of their problems, and design tools to support their needs
* Translate customer requirements into actionable tasks
* Contribute to user interface design, rapidly prototype user experiences using paper prototypes/whiteboards
* Make technical design decisions that support the long term health of applications
* Collaborate with multi-functional engineering teams to agree joint designs
* Design and build new solutions from scratch as web and CLI applications
* Design and build RESTful web service APIs using Python Flask
* Data layer implementation in SQL (Postgres/Oracle, SQLAlchemy or other ORM libs)
* Full lifecycle involvement: requirements through testing, release, & support
* Use software engineering standard methodologies (CI, unit testing, testing, etc)
* Conduct code reviews as part of gitflow style lifecycle
* Provide guidance to engineers, conduct code reviews, lead team meetings
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Work with offshore developers, traveling to California and Hyderabad 3 or 4 times a year