This job offer is expired
The Moz Pro team produces all of the tools available under the Moz Pro subscription, including Moz Pro Campaigns, Keyword Explorer, Research Tools, and the MozBar. The engineering team comprises a platform/API dev group, a frontend/apps team, and a test/performance team. We empower customers to keep pace with the lively and restless world of SEO by constantly expanding and improving Moz’s suite of data collection, processing, and aggregation services, and by building a beautiful suite of analytics and reporting applications on the web.
Moz Pro engineering is based at the Moz headquarters in Seattle.
What’s Important to Us
- High technical quality. We know our stack and tools and how to use them effectively. We constantly improve code and practices, work to reduce technical debt, and optimize systems to perform at scale.
- A commitment to shipping. It’s important to deliver, and we value getting new products and features to customers regularly.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn. We’re always looking for opportunities for development and growth.
- Product and and customer focus. Our team is invested in the experience of the products we build beyond the code.
- Collaboration. Team-focused communication, knowledge-sharing, and problem-solving make us more effective.
- Mentoring. Empathetic commitment to sharing knowledge, effective onboarding, and ongoing mentorship of more junior developers.
- Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Work within our team and other stakeholders to build maintainable, reusable solutions to complex products
- Provide code reviews, technical feedback, and design leadership
Experience We Want to See
- This is a mid- to senior-level frontend/application developer position. You’re experienced, proficient, and well-read in applicable technologies. The exact number of years of experience you have concerns us less than your ability to demonstrate competence and perform at the senior engineer level.
- Proficiency with REST APIs
- Experience building large-scale single-page apps
What You’ll Work With
- Messaging systems (e.g., NSQ)
- Optionally, backend data systems (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Lots of other interesting tools